Online Privacy Statement
Last Updated: February 2, 2018
- Our online services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent;
- Our Privacy Statement does not cover information you provide to Apple, Google, Microsoft, or any other third-party app provider, operating system provider, device manufacturer or wireless service provider.
Information We Collect
When you visit or use our online services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a nearby ATM), user name and password. We may also collect payment card information, Social Security Numbers, driver’s license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our online services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes.
If you’ve enrolled in Bill Payment services, such as mobile bill payment, we may collect personal information about your transactions, and how you interact with third parties such as those you pay like a utility company or phone company. You can refer to the Privacy Statement for your account or service to learn how your information is collected and used.
Usage and Other Information
For your convenience, WAB may offer you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites (“WAB Mobile”). When you interact with us through WAB Mobile, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device. We may ask your permission before collecting certain information (such as precise geo-location) through WAB Mobile.
Use of Information
We use the information discussed above in a number of ways, such as:
- Processing applications and transactions;
- Verifying your identity (such as when you access your account information);
- Preventing fraud and enhancing the security of your account or our online services;
- Responding to your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing your preferences;
- Performing analytics concerning your use of our online services, including your responses to our emails and the pages and advertisements you view;
- Providing you tailored content and marketing messages;
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing new products and services; improving existing products and services; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies; and
- For any other purposes that we may specifically disclose at the time you provide or we collect your information.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Disclosure of Information
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are better tailored to the users of our online services and for other purposes.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Tracking Technologies
- “Cookies” are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor’s web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our online services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies, but doing so may degrade your experience with our online services.
- Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our online services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
- Local Shared Objects, sometimes referred to as “flash cookies” may be stored on your hard drive using a media player or other software installed on your device. Local Shared Objects are similar to cookies in terms of their operation, but may not be managed in your browser in the same way.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings. Visit our “Security” section at www.wooriamericabank.com from your personal computer for additional information about how we protect your Personal Information. Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your Social Security number) to us.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up to date is very important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in and accessing the “Self Service” section. If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please visit the “Contact Us” section on our web site, or call or write to us using the contact information listed on your account statements, records, or other account materials. You can also speak to one of our branch representatives, or your designated account representative.
Protection for Former Customers
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to protect, use, and share Personal Information about you as described in this notice and as required by law.
Woori America Bank
330 Fifth Avenue New York, NY 10001
Telephone number: () -
For more information, please call customer service at (765) 819-2154 or contact us online.Contact Us